Quote:
MaxErnst said:
Look at the latest M3 muffler and you'll find that the four pipes are penetrating the muffler. They function. To me that's OKAY.

Look at the pontiac and they are just Y fittings at the end of a single tail pipe.

What about the 997S? is it a Y or is it a welded fitment?

This is kind of a dumb question. If you really want a quad exhaust, you need 4 headers and 4 mufflers. Sorry dude.

Even if the 2 pipes goes into one muffler on each side (instead of a Y-pipe), it's still poseur and totally for looks. Saying they "function" doesn't mean they didn't play with things. It just means they designed the muffler with a little more surface area for pipe fittings, or they used smaller pipes (say 2" instead of 2.5").

I have no problem with the "quad look" exhaust. I had it on my M roadster and really liked it. You can argue all you want, but in the end it's just a look game.

Have you ever seen the Porsche Tequipment for quad-type exhaust on the 996? Just tips, strictly for looks.

As long as it looks good, people will buy it. There's really nothing wrong with it. Now if you hang a 5" coffee can exhaust off a Honda Civic, well, then that's a different story.