SciFrog:

The real question is who will really care that a car with too much power to start with gains or looses a few if not broken in properly... Break in is nice for the driver to get used to the car. But if the manufacturer says you could create a problem is the car isn’t broken in properly is very sketchy and not a gauge of confidence.

You're clearly overthinking this.

Mercedes AMG has a certain guideline, the first 1500 km are essential (if you pass 140 kph, 4500 rpm on a regular basis during those 1500 km, your warranty can be affected). After that, you need to take it slow(er) than you would drive the car when the break-in is over. At 3000 km, there is a mandatory oil exchange for the rear axle differential. AMG owners know this from older cars as well, nothing really new. There is a reason for that (otherwise this oil exchange wouldn't happen). No engine oil exchange necessary (but I will probably do it anyway, it makes me feel better).

I know, I know, this is a lease and I should give a rat's ass about this car but I am a car guy and I love cars and I would never abuse them, even if they're not "mine". Sorry. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)