TB993tt:

Excellent write up kiss

I could not do an under 4000rpm for 3000km break in, that is absolutely ridiculous and for sure most owners (and especially leasers) will not abide by this. These long break ins are crazy, the standard format is keep the engine above 2000rpm and vary the load yet you are driving in comfort mode which constantly puts you in the highest possible gear below 2000rpm and most people who will do the 3000km will do it on long motorway type runs where the revs are stuck at 3000rpm  - the whole thing is stupid. My run in advice...... get it fully warmed up and just use it how you want to but vary the revs, no holding it flat out for more than a few seconds at a time indecision

The most essential break-in period is the 1500 km period. 

According to my sales guy, Mercedes takes this very seriously if there are technical issues with the car afterwards (engine, drivertrain, etc.). They can (and will) "track" if the first 1500 km were kept below 140 kph and 4500 rpm. Afterwards, it is very important to keep the car below 250 kph, to drive at various speeds but not constantly full throttle and no track usage. 

I passed 1800 km, so the pain is (almost) completely over. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)