Gnil:
RC:
First, I would wait to see how much this car really weights (reviews).

Second, how much power does this car have? 500 hp? Smiley

Third, I haven't seen any crash test results from this car.

The Alpine is basically a Megane RS with a different body. I know this sounds (and probably is) too simplistic but it is what it is.

Now the question of the questions: Would you buy one instead of your GT3 RS? Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

You have not drivent that car, not even looked at it seriously otherwise you would not state the above .

I did not weight the car , but the official 1098 kg is in working order with half a tank . After driving two minutes you feel that it is VERY light . 

The car has 250 HP , it does not need more . No one was talking about a 700 HP monster , just a fun car for public roads . It does 4.5 s to 100 . Good enough . 

Crash test .... with todays' standard no matter what , that car is safe enough . Again , this car is not to drive 300 km/h on the autobahn between two trucks . 

The Alpine has it s own body and chassis . All in aluminium . Nothing to do with a Megane , except for the engine  . 

This is like saying he Cayman is basically a Carrera 

Do I use my RS as a DD ? SmileySmiley

I saw the car live at a press demo, didn't really like it's look (it looks Japanese, sorry) but yes, I haven't driven it yet.

If the fantastic (from a construction and design point of view) 4C didn't have success, why would the Alpine have one? 

This is why I asked: Would you buy one? Not only theoretically. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)