First - I'm new to the 911 so take this with a pinch of salt. No intention to cause distress with this post just my observations.

I recently tried out a C4S Tip Cabriolet and a C4S Manual Coupe with PSE. First, I like hard edged sports/touring cars, my last play car was a Merc. 190 Evolution. I took a Cab out for a drive and was frankly disappointed. I could feel the chassis flex, the steering felt woolly and the acceleration whilst strong didn't seem anything to write home about. Of course the Car is beautiful to behold.

Today I drove a coupe and I can't believe the difference. Obviously it sounded better due to the PSE, but there was a lot more urge with the manual box, the car felt hewn from rock, and the handling was a lot better. Basically, I thought maybe the 911 wasn't for me until I took this baby out, now I'm hooked!!

I know it's horses for courses, but why is there such a character change between the two versions? Is that intentional?

As for me, I'm putting an order in for a 997S as soon as I can. Red, black int., PSE, Sports chron., Sports seats & Sunroof. Thinks thats all I'll need. It's waiting till next April for delivery which is gonna kill me!

Hope I haven't offended anyone, just my personal opinion!