Quote:
TB993tt said:
Quote:
LoranTw said:
Jason, something I've been pondering, is the actual transfer of marginal crank horsepower and it's implcation to wheel horsepower. I've ordered the CG exhaust and plenum which will be installed the end of April. If the increase in power is 40+ horsepower would not most of it hit the road given the drivetrain loss has already been accounted for prior to the upgrade. If this is the case, would it not make sense that the wheel horsepower increases by roughly 10% with this modification. This would be a very noticeable increase in felt power. Unless I don't fully appreciate drive train loss...would not all of the crank HP increase transfer to the road?
By the way, thanks for your posts on this topic.

Wayyy too much chat about the perceived benfits of the plenum and no real GPS analysis....
TTurine has one on his Ruf 550 997tt and it performs just like a Ruf 550 997tt - NOT one with 40 extra hp....

For sure the plenum is worth having for its price but expect 10-14PS (this is what Cragraphic have seen on the RS engine dyno on modded cars) and not peak power but elsewhere in the rev band - this is still CHEAP hp - but keep it in perspective

I did mention that the plenum was being changed in conjunction with the Cargaphic exhaust mod...