Quote:
atomic80 said:
Quote:
GT said:
Jason, I am hearing that the bilstein kit comes with droplinks (at least the front ones). Did you not use these? Did you change only to rears to tarrett?

Regards

The kit does NOT come with droplinks. The H&R swaybar kit did come with droplinks but they're still not as good as the Tarett ones because although they're better built by the OEM droplinks they still have plastic "ball connectors."

Initially, Tarett only had droplinks that would fit the rear but as I wrote later on in the thread, Tarett managed to come up with a set that would fit the front as well so I have droplinks for both front & rear now.

Actually, the sets delivered from Bilstein DO have replacement droplinks for front and rear. They are very similar to the stock units, but shorter to account for the lower ride height. The Bilstein drops are a little beefier looking compared to the stocks, but same basic design. The fully adjustable, swivel-joint units (eg, Tarett) are much stronger looking. The main reason to swap them out would be adjustability, longer lifespan, coolness factor.

BTW, anyone with a stock turbo care to measure ride height for me? (Fender arch at highest point, to ground) I forgot to measure mine before I put the Bilsteins on. TIA