D-DAY!
The car finally made it back from RUF Germany. The transporter had some serious delays due to terrible traffic jams but in the end it was worth the wait
When the trailer arrived at the dealer it was already too late so I wasn't able to take pictures from it when they drove it of the truck.
First thing that did strike me was the exhaust note: this is not a regular 997 turbo anymore!

EXTERIOR:
The exterior is unfinished at this point. RUF did its job with excellence but this is only half of what needs to be done.
I had them build a custom Rt12 wing for my cab. Most won't even notice the difference with an original Rt12 wing but rest assured it is there. Normally the lower part of the wing end at about 3 quarters of the rear lights. This was very disturbing for me so I let them build a custom wing that reached to the end of the rear lights. Some may hate it, I love it
This wing isn't static like the original Rt12 car, it still goes up and down like the normal turbo.
The custom exhaust looks pretty nice but I need to check it thoroughly in clear daylight. I MIGHT have them changed a bit (not sure but I'll keep you up to date later on this).
Next step on the conversion is to be done at the dealer. I will return the car after the weekend and it should take them max 5 days to complete the conversion. When done there is only one detail that still needs to be taken care of: the suspension.
Unfortunately the suspension is still in backorder so I will have to sit that one out. RUF will send a mechanic over to my dealer in Belgium to do the install when it finally arrives. This will have quite an impact on the visual aspect of the car since it will get lowered.

INTERIOR:
The interior has remained nearly untouched. I already specced the car with lots of Tequipment and Exclusive options so it was already to my likings to start with.
I did have them install the RUF instrument cluster (tacho up to 370kph and redline on 7400rpm instead of the normal 6600rpm).
One mod to come: thick TechArt steering wheel in full factory looks (original Porsche logos).

SOUND:
Awesome! A much deeper growl compared to the original turbo but still pretty civilized. While driving you can clearly hear the turbos whistle. Close to zero resonance inside the cabin.

1ST DRIVE:
Don't know what to say about this really ...
The power this car unleashes is simply mindblowing! Just before I turned on the highway I put it in 3rd and hit the pedal. I nearly [beep] my pants! The boost you get at around 3500rpm is simply unheard of (at least for me it is).
I now completely understand what Hugo meant when he told me "Once driven an Rt12 you're spoiled for life".
Sad part is that it started to rain pretty fast so I wasn't able to go all the way.
I did push it in 5th gear at a certain point ... I was going at 168kph and the digital tacho jumped each time with +8kph!!! 168-176-184 ... UN-BE-LIE-VA-BLE!!!

ENGINE SPECS (ENG):
* 3.8L Water-cooled 6-cylinder Boxer
* 8 main bearing crankshaft
* Double overhead camshafts per cylinder bank
* 4 valves per cylinder - hydraulically actuated with variable valve timing
* Water-cooled with three radiators and a water-oil heat exchanger
* Dry sump lubrication system with separate oil tank
* Electronic Bosch fuel injection
* Twin KKK turbochargers with integrated wastegates and 3-way catalytic converters
* Broke x Stroke of 100.0 mm x 76.4 mm
* Oil capacity (including filter) of 12 litres
* Water capacity of 22 litres
* Fuel requirement of premium unleaded 98 ROZ
* Performance: 650 HP, maximum torque 870 Nm (official numbers but mine has more)
* Six-speed manual gearbox with dual-mass flywheel
* RUF sports suspension: fully adjustable in ride height and stiffness, hydraulically adjustable in height up to 50 millimetres

PICS:
Since it was already quite late I wasn't able to take good pictures.
I will have more pictures later (when the car is completely finished) but for now here are two.

Home at last:

Ready for departure at RUF: