Quote:
Turbo4ever said:
^I don't see anything special on the 997, the headlight is borrowed from the 993 etc and the body sharp is very close to the 996. Plus there aren't any performance benchmark too. The 997 has much better looking than the 996, but the 996 is the worst looking 911 in my book. When you mentioned about the Ford model T, original VW beetle and they're truly classic.

The headlamp is EVOLVED from the 993, which in turn was evolved from its predecessors... The 911 has forever been a subtle evolution, with only the 996 standing out as a major step in a different direction. The 997, to me, was Porsche getting the design "back on the evolutionary track".

Regarding performance benchmark, c'mon, the S underpromised and overdelivered on virtually all points. The magazines were all rather shocked by the numbers they pulled from that vehicle when it came out, as was Chevrolet as they thought their 400-horse C6 would easily outpace the new 997..

No, it wasn't the second-coming of Christ or anything, but 2005 sure was a year that Porsche fanatics were cheering en mass, many who had "left the flock" came roaring back into showrooms, and the rest of the world started "daydreaming" about owning an again-beautiful-and-lusciously-hippy 911...

Don't undersell your car, it's better than you think... Just because you sleep with your wife every night, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't fantasize getting one night with her!!!