As Viper has been my fav colour I‘ve chosen it for my Touring and I couldn‘t be happier.It not only puts a smile on my face when driving it as it is such a vibrant colour it also seems to do the same with others, be it bikers, other drivers and especially kids.

I have now covered 1000km and still adhering to APs break in instructions. I did a 4 hours trip around the Danoube valley/ Swabian Alp and the car is brilliant. The engine pulls much stronger in the lower rev band than the old 4 litre in the RS, can‘t wait the fully open it up once break in has been done. The manual gearbox really adds an element of engagement, with the PDK shifts were always perfect and executed anywhere . The new manual combines best of both worlds, it‘s a kind of manual PDK with the sport function engaged. The non lift shifting really takes time to get used to as you have to overcome your long trained muscle memory. The sound when doing it is absolutely brilliant, the same with downshifting, especially when delaying downshifts to second, it really bangs awesomely.

Last but not least a big advantage, at least psychologically, is the narrower body compared to the RS,it makes easier especially with oncoming traffic.

can‘t stop grinning

Mike