Spyderidol:

As usual I don't see things in the same way ( and in this case with Whoopsy). Bentley are racing their cars all over the GT series trying to promote its sportiness and end the stayed and stuffy image it previously had.

And the results? Bentley's name is still being associated with a living room on wheels. Not sporty. Just look at the weight of their most sportiest car, the Continental GT3-R! It's close to 5000lbs Smiley And that supremely dated interior, it's absolutely not conveying a sporty feeling. 

I don't see why Porsche can not compete directly with the Audi R8 or the Hurracan. I don't see Audi asking Porsche's permission to encroach on the Cayman territory with its TT RS.

Audi used to be the bully within PAG, it's Piech's baby and they can pretty much do whatever they want. R8 climbing up on Lamborghini, TT TR going up against Porsche. If Piech doesn't return to the board, then Audi's reign within VAG will be over soon, they will have to step back inline. 

Perhaps there are quite a few Porsche aficionados that would go for a sporty sedan, but I bet there are as many or more that would go for a mid-engine Fe-Fi type car.

Just my opinion.

A mid-engine 960 is a one dimensional car, no matter how big the market it can dig out, a front engine multi-purpose GT will have a bigger slice. And for racing purposes, front engine is not a hinderance, look at how successful the Corvette racing team is, and the Aston Martin effort. A front mid engine car can just be as effective as a rear mind engine car for racing.

--