Hi guys, haven’t been around lately (too much stuff to do in the analogue life) but now I am all in for the less is more motto by slowly phasing out my professionel career towards a very tolerable level of fifty billable days or so p.a. from Spring next year Smiley

I am glad to see that the usual suspects are still around and this thread gave me a lot of smiles due to the déja vu regarding the points discussed (too expensive, not enough hp, misleading model designation, parts bin exercise etc.). Should spend more time on RT again as the discussions are big fun SmileySmiley

When I read through the thread I felt it’s time to join with a view to support the very few Porsche marketing victims who dared to buy the T as they obviously ran out of money to buy a GT3 Touring Smiley

I think you all completely missed that the T serves a special niche just perfectly: the T does not stand for Touring, it stands for Transporter – well in my case actually for dog transporter SmileySmiley

We have a lovely dog joining the family since 4 months and my corporate car will hit the used car market in about a year, hence we’ll need a new car serving as DD (car for my private business as well) and for spontaneous trips (will have plenty of time for this from Spring next year) which can seat two human beings and a four footer. We started to look for the usual suspects (SUVs, BMW Tourings and the like) but nothing really appealed to us Smiley

I wasn’t even aware of the T, when my neighbour (also a Porsche geek) brought my attention to the T: „you can have that without the rear seats – nice place to be for your dog“.Smiley

911 as a dog transporter sounded crazy to me at first, but then I started to like the idea more and more….of course I instantly was reminding Watt’s great thread with his Sun Smiley and I started to check 911 alternatives with extensive drives in 991.2 GTS Cab and 991.2 GTS Targa (allrounders maybe even replacing the beloved 981 SpyderSmiley – which is what I thought before testing these great cars, but after the testing I felt I would miss the Spyder). I even thought about a GT3 Touring (still can have an allocation), but I guess the fun may vanish if you use it as a DD.

Well, finally I settled for a T and ordered one Smiley The spec with pano-roof and tinted rear windows may go against the ethos of the car and even may trigger deployment of the RT Porsche ethos squad but hey the dog needs to stay cool and his poopies have to blow out of the car somewhow Smiley

Also I deliberately did not tick the RAS box, as it takes away a bit from the traditional 911 feeling bringing the driving experience a bit more towards the mid-engined P-cars and I want diversity (if swapping seats Spyder vs. 911). The 370 horses are good enough for a DD (straightline performance is similar to the 981 Spyder which I have no complaints about and just in case it will be easy to add some ponies to the 3.0 turbo), and the better gearbox (shorter geared and shorter throws) in combination with the small turbos spooling up quick should provide a nice driving experience at „reasonable“ speeds – probably also accompanied by a bit better sound due to less sound damping material in the T. I am a sucker for the T-interior and also like the slim hip classic 911 design. As for pricing: a similar specced Carrera (virtually adding the price for the SPASM) would be 4,800 Euros less here in Germany for my spec– no big deal if you like the T-interior, the enhanced manual and the other small design things (love to have the clean dashboard without the wart while keeping the SC performance features). Also I expect depreciation to be just a little better than for the standard Carrera (nothing dramatic though - more like the former BE late cycle model variants).

@ blueflame and the other few courageous P-marketing victims: many congrats on getting the T and let’s share real world experiences here Smiley

Cheers to everyone Smiley

--

public roads: Porsche 981 Spyder Riviera-Black, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic-Black