Maybe I should be posting this in the general Porsche group but since it is a 997 that I own I'll post here!

The weather this weekend in Denver has been great. I pulled the cover off the P-car and drove it around this weekend. We didn't head any where special, just out shopping and to dinner. What a treat! Last winter it stayed holed up the entire time. The roads in my neighborhood never really melted down to the asphalt. Fortunately this winter has been more the norm and the snow we did get has mostly melted from the side streets.

It was great fun driving and weekends like this help me long for the summer although I enjoy winter sports. I am an avid skier and am now learning to snowboard. I almost hate to admit that I am looking forward those sunny spring/summer/autumn days.

The P-car got a quick bath and is now tucked connected to the battery "maintainer" and covered in the garage. Oh well, it was a nice taste of what is to come in a few months.

As an aside, the wife and I did test drive new cars this weekend. Our Range Rover had its heater core replaced last week and I fear that it "may" be starting to fail in other ways. I want to be ready to replace it. The saga though is, do we replace it with another Range Rover or something much larger. We are, currently, only two although a baby may be in our future. We do get lots of visitors year round. Mine from the east coast, hers from the west coast and Texas. We looked at the "big" Lexus, the one based on the Toyota Land Cruiser chassis, but it like the Range Rover is really just a five seater. It did have two jump seats in the way back but using those kills all of the storage space. We also looked at Suburbans. Wow! With a bench second row (not the bucket seats) and the bench third row that truck will seat eight! Albeit the third row is really just for kids as there isn't enough rise from the floor to the seat to accomdate legs of any real length but behind the third row you can still fit a number of suit cases or ski boot bags, coolers, you name it! The Suburban hunt then landed us at the GMC dealer to look at the Yukon XL Denali. The Yukon XL is the Chevrolet Suburban. The difference being that the GMC offers a 6.2L Vortec V8. Chevrolet only offered a 5.3L V8 and a 6.0L V8. That 6.2L Vortec really gave the few more HP that you need here in Colorado. We are really at a loss. Do we go with the GMC Denali Yukon XL (7-8 seater) or another Range Rover / Lexus / ??? five seater. Care to share your advice?

Well, this started out as just a quick "hey we drove the Porsche this weekend" post and then turned into a large passenger truck post. My apologies!

Hope everyone reading this had a great weekend as well.