RC:
Carlos from Spain:

That is true, time can change many tastes and preferences, but on the other hand, it's been many decades since we have digital watches, they are even Smartwatches now, the cheapest digital watch is far superior in every way to old automatic watch technology in regards to the functions of a watch yet there are plenty of people willing to pay tens or hundreds of times the cost of a digital watch for or automatic watch. 

I think that the reason the beaitiful engine-exhaust sound is going to slowly disappear from cars will be more from legislation weaning them out from our lives forcibly, which ironically will probably increase even more the appeal of them towards their end.

Smiley It is funny: In the past, even maybe five years ago, I was a sucker for pure performance. Exhaust sound? Emotions? Just a by-product. I liked it of course but performance was the most important thing for me. So if you'd asked me five years ago what car I would choose, an EV doing 0-200 kph in 7 seconds or a normal but nice sounding sports car in 10 seconds, I would have chosen the EV. No doubt. Add some track performance and curve fun and definitely the EV. Now? Never ever. I view EVs as some sort of high tech gadgets, nice to drive but the enjoyment lies in using the tech, not in the driving itself. I drove the  Tesla S P100D and yes, if I had the money for several cars, the Tesla would probably be in my garage as well. As a replacement for my R8 or my upcoming E63S? NEVER EVER. BORING. 

Maybe I am getting older and maybe I will change my opinion again but right now, the more the media and society talks about exhaust sounds and "noise", the more I seem to enjoy the "noise". The appeal will increase sooner or later but I have one worry only: Once EVs are a thing (mass transportation), it is very likely going to raise fuel prices. Once fuel prices hit record highs, petrol cars will be a thing of the past, a luxury item for a few collectors maybe. Luckily, when this time comes (in my opinion not in the next 20-30 years), I will be dead. So I'm good. Smiley Smiley 

RC you are getting older, as we all are. A E63S as daily driver? If you were younger you would have a 911 turbo as DD or a GT3 if you had no kids, or even the R8... The E63S is neither practical nor a proper sport car. It is a compromise for old farts like us, like a Panamera or a Tesla S would be...