One more answer. The diff in the GT3s:

996 GT3 was bought below MSRP because back then Mortgage brokers were making TONS of cash and my car was bought by a broker who wanted a Ferrari in 3 weeks. Watt helped me find it. It was an Animal. The owner also put on a FULL Manthey 410 kit on it. ECU Headers Racing cats, Solid shock mounts. I tracked that one a lot. And it bit me a lot!! I had more offs with that one than any other car. I dont think it had driver aids. The sound was glorious But it was also VERY sensitive to its aero. I remember one time I had taken off the front lip and went out to the desert for a 150mph run and when I got over 135 it just wasnt stable. I shut it down and put the lip back on and never took it back off.

My back was going south in 2007 So I traded up for a "softer ride" I think that was the pinnacle of GT3s as far as a drivers car goes. I had that one on Fontana not too long after the RLer died in his Carrera GT. But I was extremely cautious with that car. Never had a off with that one. Maybe the drivers aides. Even at Button willow Clockwise turn 3 I think off camber turn that bit me in the 996 quite a few times, it was fine through there. But we were starting to see where you could almost daily a GT3. Lots of fun to drive and the interior was a serious update over the austere 996. I was a much better driver in the 997.1 But it could have just been me getting better. It was the first car I would take on the big track at Willow. I sold that car because I felt the crash in 08 and I was afraid it was BIG. I sold it back to the dealer for 115 after paying 120 for it. Then for awhile I bought a AMG C63 which was a big  disappointment unless you just love eating tires. In 09 I tested a PDK car for the first time and I bought a C2S PDK. The 997.2 was so much better than the 997.1 and with the PDK I was a better driver than in my 997.1 GT3. Another reason was Porsche was really hurting in 09. I got the car for $78k(not including taxes) out the door after the rebates ($10K? then 10% OFF) and I got .9% financing which I had never seen on a Porsche. The lady and Bakersfiled Porsche said I was the first to qualify for both incentives. But then my back crashes as bad as the economy and I stopped going to the track FUSION in 09, which FAILED. Then another Fusion in 12. L5/S1 I got so much better that I wanted another GT3 in 14 but the STOP oder was out. So I bought a 50th because on paper it looked like a GT3 little brother or a GT3 minus. Then I left California and retired to Idaho. BTW after 4 years on pain meds when the second one worked it was HELL to get off. I had to have a doctors help and that 2 weeks was very painful. So dont take em unless you absolutely have to.

But that never stopped the wanting a GT3. You guys who have had one before know what I am  talking about. It feels as though you settled. Then when the 4 liter came out I knew I wanted it. But I went to my local dealer here in Boise and he hadnt a clue about the car. 2 months later he sends me a Email saying I am first on the list and they called the AutoGallery in LA to get the "Correct" markup. So I told them to stuff it. But I had spent so long monkeying with them I missed any chance of getting one MSRP. So almost 8 months later in Nov, they call me back and say they will sell me one for 15 over. I thought, OK not bad but still. So I go in and order it and they look at my 50th which I KNEW was around 110 wholesale. They wait 4 days telling me that they are TRYING THEIR HARDEST to get me the best price, and they come back with a 2014 C2S with Power kit at 90k. I said LATER. Called my old salesman who sold me the 50th and he did the deal on the phone in 30 minutes Got 110 for my car and 15 for the one that I have. It was on the floor and the guy backed out. I was going to order White with FAL, and this one was white FAL and red seat belts. The Seat belts being the only difference. I had actually THOUGHT about ordering the white metallic but when I saw it in person there is almost no difference. So I was going to order regular white. This one is MUCH more compliant than the 997 and can easily be a DD no issue. In fact the regular ride is more compliant than the Sport on the 991.1 

I just changed the oil so now I am going to go hit the river canyon roads around here and report back. The nearest track is in Central Oregon or Salt Lake. WHich is no problem because we used to go up to Fernley Nevada and rent that track. About the same difference. But I really look forward to it.

--

gone:993tt,996 GT3,997.1GT3,99.2 C2S,50thAnniversary