Porker:

I just took the car out for a spirited drive on greasy/wet B-roads which I always tend to enjoy more than a modern car on dry roads as the limits are simply too high to explore. And while I'm completely in love with the 991.2 GT3, especially the engine and turn-in are on another level than the 997 RS, I struggle to trust it over the limit. Partly due to lack of experience (I'm at 2500km), but I suspect partly due to the RWS. Whilst I loved to "dance" with the 997 and let it slide at will, the 991.2 seems to 'bite' more. When it steps out of line under power in 2nd, it's all easily controllable. But when it does so at slightly higher speeds (low rpm 3rd/4th) and you correct, it seems to overcorrect, resulting in a 'tankslapper'. It never happened to me in the 997 and it happened twice in the 991 already, anyone else have the same impression?

I guess it's a matter of getting used to the effect of RWS, I'm certainly booking a course with the car to get to know that a bit better.

You get used to it. The problem is that Porsche tries to adapt the ESP/TC to typical driver behavior and they choose the "average" driver, not the experienced one for that matter. So in some cases, the ESP/TC can be counter-productive for experienced drivers but you find your way(s) around it, don't worry.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)