964C2:

If you go back to the sports cars of the 50's and 60's, gloves definitely improved your grip on the skinny steering wheel rims of the day......

It improves the grip nowadays as well but it depends on how sweaty your hands are (I never sweat in my hands but surprisingly, when I drive my cars... Smiley) and how the material of the steering wheel is. That buddy I mentioned who hit a curb because he had sweaty hands had a carbon steering wheel (only upper and lower part but it was enough...), one reason I never spec my cars with this stuff because I fear to share his fate. 

I never use driving gloves with Alcantara steering wheels, also a reason I love these steering wheels. The only option for my R8 was a suede steering wheel, only now the Alcantara version came available through Audi Performance Parts but I won't switch again. The suede steering wheel is extremely sensitive to any kind of liquids and fats and/or hand cremes, a dealer's car suede steering wheel looked like crap only after a couple of months, horrible. This thing costs 2k with install, so... 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)