Porker:

I think I speak for 99% of the people when saying that driving gloves -any type of driving gloves- look utterly ridiculous on the public road when driving anything but this:

0001_bentley.jpg

So how do you deal with sweaty hands and suede steering wheels? Racing gloves? They look even more ridiculous. 

In summer time, sweaty hands can even pose a danger while driving. A buddy of mine once lost control and ended up hitting a curb. Not pretty...damaged rim and tire, a 3k adventure. Actually, I may be mistaken but in our driving group, especially during summers, almost everyone is wearing driving gloves. I will try to take a hands photo and post it here... Smiley 

Most gloves are dark colors though, mostly black or dark browns. A Ferrari guy has some beautiful light brown gloves I always wanted but he got them as a gift from his father a couple of years ago and he doesn't know where he bought them (somewhere in Spain...). I usually wear the "half" gloves only because of the suede steering wheel but in summer, I switch to the Porsche driving gloves I got many years ago. They are dark brown and the button is a Porsche crest, haven't seen them around anymore but they serve a purpose. For the track I still have my old gloves but they look ridiculous on a public road.

What is even more funny: Most of the guys in my driving group are wearing driving...shoes. Never bothered, I even drive with my boots. Smiley Some of them look pretty cool and cost half a fortune (I think a guy got himself a pair for over 1000 EUR). When we get out of the cars and go to a restaurant or a beer garden and I see some of us with these driving shoes, I have to giggle. Some of them are in very flashy colors, even with some ads on them, they kind of attract more attention than the cars. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)