Quote:
dreamcar said:
Quote:
Rich C (UK) said:

Wht with the Astons, the golf (see other post) and that I looked at the 1 series coupe before ordering the gold (123d in my case) there's got to be some connection...

What impressed me was the ride quality - I'd had a loaner of a 118d Sport hatch a couple of years ago, and the run flats made the ride almost unbearable - they really seemed to have addressed that with the 1 coupe and latest genertion of tyres..

So you've actually ordered a 123d Coupe, Rich! Did you read the Autocar road test on it? If not I'll scan and post it here. Interestingly they reckon the coupe is a much better drive than the hatch due to a more rigid bodyshell, the coupe has a boot, not a hatchback.

Here it is in electronic form:
http://www.autocarmagazine.co.uk/CarReviews/RoadTestsHistory/BMW-1-Series-123d-M-Sport/229175/

Quote:
This is an absolute gem of an engine. It doesn't seem long ago that the raucous punch of a Volkswagen/Audi TDI motor was an extraordinary achievement, and yet this twin-turbo masterpiece manages to outpace any rivals and offer class-leading refinement.

Choose any barometer of performance and the 123d impresses. It springs from rest to 60mph in just 6.7 seconds, and can dust the fourth gear 40-60mph increment in a paltry 4.1 seconds. In the real world, this is a genuinely fast car.

Factor in the outstanding fuel economy (you should be able to beat 50mpg) along with a minimal environmental impact (just 138g/km of CO2), and it's easy to see this as the 1-series coupé engine of choice.

Congrats to both Wayne and Rich, the 1-series Coupe looks like a great drivers car