Quote:
edz61 said:
I was at a Porsche Speed Shop today in Costa Mesa, CA. The owner of the shop told me that he was told by the porsche factory that the 996TT engine components could handle up to 800 h.p. without a problem but the 997TT engine if modified once you exceed 600 h.p. the engine component can be seriously compromised. True or not, I have no idea but I was very disppointed. The owner also showed me an aluminum intake plunum that replaces the stock one and induces more air and adds up to 40 h.p. for around $1100.

The owner had a`beautiful collection of cars, From Gullwing to Porsche 959, Ferrari 430, 575M, 360 and Dino

They are also about to introduce a new ECU tuning by APR which adds 90 h.p. to the 997tt.

According to what you have heard is there any other modifications conemplated to arrive at the 90bhp...or is it simply limited to ECU. Everything that RC has shared with us suggests beyond 540ish hp the engine and or turbos require modification to maintain the longevity and reliability of the engine.