Quote:
Carlos from Spain said:
Quote:
Over the Hill said:I guess the points I'm trying to make are it is difficult to use the TPMS to check and adjust pressures on a cold tire. And the pressures vary significantly due to ambient temperatures, exposure and friction during the course of a driving event.

In the course of checking tire pressures with my tire gauges during a drive the gauge has always agreed with the TPMS readings.

On the contrary, its with TMPS that its easy and imposible to do with a normal gauge

There is a display you can access withing the On Board Computer menu thats called Tire Presure Info or RDK info or somthing like that (can't remember know the exact wording) that will display the diference in pressure on each tire with the factory pressure INDEPENDANT of the tire temperature.

I.e. the TMPS measures not only the pressure in the tires but also the temperarure and thus whatever the temperature inside the tires is, it calculates to what pressure it corresponds at the standard 20*C. So the display will show you the difference to the factory pressures measured at the standard 20*C inspite what ever temperature each tire has.

So when you fill the pressures always use that delta display.

And for the record my TMPS is always sport on with my digital and analog gauses too

So when you fill your tires with air, does it give you an audio update of the pressure, or do you have to run back to the driver's seat to check the pressure, run back to give more air, check pressure, run back to give less air, etc ....