Quote:
amazon said:
The vette has always tryed to be the best deal around. It looks like they've designed it to give the customer the bhp at the lowest price. 90k for 600 ponnies, that's pretty cheap. If that's what you want, fine by me but it has never been an goal for me as I know how numbers are usually irrelevent. Fun is relevent. Laughing out loud behind the wheel is relevent. Not a bhp to price ratio.

If Corvettes were still the buckets of bolts they were 15 years ago you might have a point.. but they are clearly not, and your comment gives no credit to the refinement, handling, and engineering that the Corvette team have improved especially in the C6. And, the surprisingly positive reviews in British car mags back this up, especially for the Z06 - in fact the reason people love this car is exactly what you claim it lacks - it is pure fun from the combination of huge power everywhere in the rev range, light weight, and enough refinement in steering and handling to complement the total package. I have driven the Z06 and it is a serious contender to replace our gradually less-trusty M Coupe.

At a time when German performance car makers continue to pile on weight by adding electronic acronyms that we never asked for (BMW's that actively steer themselves anyone??) the Corvette engineering team deserves, and is slowly getting, some respect for being able to maintain a racer's focus on power, handling, and low weight. Only Ferrari (for just a bit more $$) has been able to consistently deliver the low weight part at these performance levels - Porsche does only sometimes eg. GT3.