lukestern:
Your point? I thought you said that an EV is useless because of long recharge times? I've always said that EV is the best alternative for daily commutes to/from work and charge at home overnight. But for making it convenient even for longer trips, a well built out charging network is important.

For me, an EV is useless because it is no fun to drive. I can imagine for other people to drive one, for example for daily commutes to work and back home but if they have a garage, charging is not a problem but if not? We have no public charging possibilities along the roads where parking spots are available overnight in residential areas. Most people in Germany live in condos, not houses.

Conveniently placed? Not in Germany and many other EU countries.

Based on what? Please explain, because this is clearly another misconception from someone who haven't tested it...

Simple example: I takes me around 20 minutes to get to the next Autobahn from my home and I'd have to drive another 20 minutes or so on the Autobahn to get to the next Supercharger. 40 minutes total. Pointless.

Most people will use EVs inside cities, this is where the charging infrastructure is needed first. In Europe, there are going to be serious infrastructure issues because there simply isn't enough room for that. A car needs five minutes to fuel up but much much longer to charge. Huge (capacity) problem.

Even in Norway, the EV country in Europe, there are serious capacity (charging infrastructure) issues right now, there was an interesting TV report about that. Interesting enough, the first place in EV registrations is held by the VW Golf (e-Golf). Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)