noone1:

Time to buy the last NA R8!

Actually, I think this is true. The RWS could keep it's value pretty well (only 999 produced) but the truth is that Audi didn't produce many R8 anyway, so I actually think that the R8 will be a desirable used car in the future, also because maintenance and repair cost are pretty low (compared to other similar brands and models).

Even if Audi continues with the R8 (last word hasn't been spoken yet according to an Audi Sport guy I met), it won't be n/a anymore. The Huracan gets a biturbo V8, so I assume the R8 will get the same engine. Only the Aventador stays n/a...for a while.

My current R8 plans look like this:

Variant 1: I keep my current R8, I get the new Audi Sport wheels for it, maybe even the new sport chassis (still not sure since Magnetic Ride would be deactivated), I continue with the lease after 48 months (already passed 18 months) or I buy the car after the lease and I keep it as long as possible.

Probably the variant which makes most sense, especially from a cost point of view.

Variant 2: I get the R8 V10 Plus Spyder, lease cost would probably be a bit higher, I keep it for 36 months and then I can continue the lease or I buy it after the lease.

Variant 3: I get the R8 V10 Plus facelift (rumored for this year...) with rumored 640-650 hp (I do not believe this rumor, I rather think 630-635 hp because of the Huracan Performante), keep it for 36 months and then continue the lease or buy it. Unfortunately this car will have a particulate filter and will very likely loose the exhaust button, so I'm not sure...

I never considered the RWS because I really love AWD (I can do some crazy stuff in the rain and on snow, I love it and it also has some advantages in the dry)  but I get the appeal, the price and of course, probably, the attraction as a possible collectible in the future. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)