Grant:
Whoopsy:
Grant:
EnglishManInNY:

Race car version over 600hp? Much more to come then!

Not necessarily - 911 race cars have been making big power (without a restrictor) for many years now.  Very different to have a >10,000 rpm redline motor that only needs to last a weekend without a warranty and doesn't need to have a street exhaust system (or emissions regs).

Funny thing is, Porsche doesn't right now have a version of this engine in race trim to make 600HP Smiley

The most powerful one is the one in the RSR and that one is rated at 510HP with restrictor. Cup car has a even lower HP , 485HP.

Those race motors also need a rebuild every 100 hours. 

But yeah, take out the restrictor a motor can probably do 600HP. But still need a rebuild in 100hrs, maybe even less.

I thought the Cup can last 100 hours (improved from 50 hours in the 991.1), but I thought the RSR is only good for 40 hours or so...

Yes, the new Cup motor have a 100 hour rebuild spec. and the transmission is 120 hrs if I remember correctly. 

The RSR can do basically the same schedule, it's a bit more stressed than the Cup motor but the way they races it's better for them to rebuild it every weekend anyway to have a fresh motor for every race, money is not really an issue if one is racing in the  WEC.  

--