Quote:
nberry said:
Quote:
fritz said:
Quote:
nberry said:
Regarding me being a poseur, I suspect I have driven and track more high perf. cars than most of the posters. I have often stated my driving skills are irrelevant. I try not to boast about anything I do. Action is what I judge myself on, not words.

I acknowledge there are times I post to stimulate discussion. I never post to create hostility or acrimony. It is done in good fun with the goal that possibly Porsche will take notice and see some validity to what is being debated. I am convinced that Porsche has recognized its over production errors and is taking action to "right the ship".

Personally, I would prefer to buy a Porsche because what I am witnessing with Ferrari is of concern to me. They are becoming too elitist and no matter what you think you know about me, I am not an elitist. My problems with Porsche remain. However, it is my understanding that Porsche has some goodies up its sleeve which may interest me. I want with anxious anticipation.

Finally, we should never allow a few disgruntled individuals dictate the agenda for all of us. My posts stimulate discussion and often many members give it back to me in spades. When it is done and over, we all have learned more about the cars we love and feel a camaraderie despite our differences. Unfortunately, a few will not have it that way.

Nick, if all your posts read like this one you'd have a lot fewer "virtual enemies" on rennteam and a lot more people who make a habit of really thinking things through before expressing an opinion actually agreeing with the things you write.

Fritz, your one of the people who give it back to me in a friendly, funny and thoughtful way. If my posts somehow convey hostile/malicious intent, then I certainly agree I need to be aware of it. I will take your advice, as well as others, seriously.

However, I refuse to and will not let Porsche off the hook.

Nick, this is what you say now in this post, but you should go back and read your posts in this thread and you will see that what got people angry was not your posts about Porsche the car company but about us Porsche drivers. You know it, so stop playing innocent and dumb. Your posts in this thread are exactly the kind of posts trolls make. It's the kind of stuff you used to do more often before I arrived. Anyone who needs proof Nick is a troll can just read your posts in this thread.

David

p.s. People, don't botter notifying Nick he is being hostile...it just encourages him. Instead ignore him and notify the moderators. This can be done by clicking on the third button from left (it's a circle with a diagonal line through it) next to Post Extras. With enough complaints to moderators he will be warned and banned again.

Great info about how to deal with trolls:

http://www.imdb.com/help/show_leaf?boardstrolls