I just self-installed both the m0bridge iPod adaptor and the Tooki Bluetooth handsfree phone adaptor into my 2008 997 Turbo Cab today. It was slow going to remove all the trim pieces and turn all the screws (mostly due to unfamiliarity), but once the PCM was out the actual wiring of the power and the fibre was very easy and fast. Putting everything back was easy as by then I had figured out all the steps to remove & reinstall the PCM.

Very first impressions are that the Tooki and the m0bridge seem to coexist without any problems. I've only played with the new system for about 15 minutes so this is by no means a comprehensive test. It will take a few weeks to get completely comfortable with both the interfaces (as well as the PCM too) and do a longer-term test.

The Tooki (ordered directly from NAV-TV) didn't come with any install instructions (which was expected given Bob's post, but really not ideal), and also didn't come with a microphone (which was not expected and presumably a mistake). So I wasn't able to test the Tooki fully, but on calling my voicemail, I could hear the other end of the call through the speakers. I will be calling NAV-TV Monday to find out where my microphone is.

A few preliminary observations:

On the Tooki:
* The supplied power harness is really easy - you can remove the ISO power plug from the back of the PCM, and connect the Tooki to fused power without any soldering / cutting / splicing etc.
* The Tooki's phone book is not independent from the phone's - it copies the phone book over each time on connection (which takes a few seconds). This is a shame - I have a Blackberry 8700c with 5000+ contacts, many with several phone #s, most of whom I will never call from the car. I would much prefer to have the option of a separate, car-managed phone book to control what numbers are usable from the phone book. This feature means I will never use the phone book as most of the people I want to call won't be in the first few that get copied across
* The system does pause the iPod and resume the track playing after the call finishes, which is what you would hope, but it's nice to see it work in practice

On the m0bridge:
* I tapped the power from the Tooki PCM power harness using splice connectors - this seemed easiest and avoided the need to add another fuse (as it should work off the PCM fuse in the fusebox)
* Random mode is not preserved after switching the engine off - this is a known limitation of the PCM
* It takes many seconds to refresh the full track list to become usable when scrolling past the first 99 items in a list - again I think this is a PCM limitation
* There seems to be a slightly audible ascending-pitch whine over the speakers for a couple of seconds as the iPod spins up when starting to play for the first time. I have an iPod Classic 160GB with a hard disk, so I'm assuming that as the disk starts up, this causes the whining noise. I'm surprised that this happens as I thought the connection is all digital. Perhaps this is caused by the iPod at source?
* I haven't tested the Aux in yet
* I was hoping that the cover art would be visible when playing, but all you have is a white screen saying 'm0bridge'. So probably no need to mount the iPod on a cradle to the right of the PCM, apart from perhaps to unlock the iPod wheel to access podcasts (no way to do this from the PCM interface)

You do have to lock the car and let the system settle / fully switch off for up to 10 minutes after the install, otherwise you can get errors which prevent you from using the PCM system at all.

I put the Tooki in the cavity behind the climate control panel, below the PCM. This will let me add the microphone by just removing the right-hand leather side piece, rather than having to remove the whole PCM unit again.

The m0bridge unit is a little bigger than the Tooki unit. It might fit on the plastic wall behind the PCM, but the disadvantage of that is (1) the Aux in won't be accessible to plug/unplug that (though that could be solved by running a permanent extension cable), and (2) the SD card slot (for firmware upgrades and future MP3 playback) won't be accessible. For now the m0bridge and iPod are in the glove box, but I'll have to find a more permanent location. The cables supplied by m0bridge are very long (to allow an in-trunk install) so they will need to be looped and held in place.

Hope this is helpful to others considering one or both of these interesting pieces of kit.

By the way, if you look at the PCM display for the Porsche 'Musicplayer' interface (referenced in my post above), it appears to be nothing more than an FM modulator with an RDS signal saying 'IPOD'. If you want FM-quality sound from your iPod and no PCM control, you can buy an FM modulator in Fry's for $20 or so. I wonder how much Porsche will charge...