RC:
Gnil:

But here , it is usually the biggest model that get debagged ..... goes well  with Swiss discretion 

My wife thinks that de-badging is stupid, why should she hide what she can afford but she is a doctor, nobody cares about her (well, sometimes they make subtle comments, especially when she/we are on vacation..."again?") but me, I'm a different story. 

Same goes to the rep of my pharmaceutical dealer: He drives an older CLS63 (longtime dream, bought used). I asked him why he de-badged the car (longtime dream and all) and he told me his colleagues would burn him alive if they knew what car this is. He always claims it is just an AMG "styled" car, not the real thing. Smiley Smiley

We also have the contrary here though: Many BMW 5 series or 3 series with a M5 or M3 badge or Mercedes cars with an AMG badge. I've seen a C40 AMG at some point (I think owner removed the 0 and added the AMG badge Smiley).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

And yet these people get jealous or envious of those who have a real AMG or M-cars. 

When you think about it, they are the ones who knows best what an AMG, RS or M car is. Most people are usually clueless as they are not interested in cars. 

In the end, the "wealthy" crowd is de-badging because of those i***** and the "envious" are adding useless badges to show off but to whom exactly I don't know.