pmarkow:
SciFrog:

Exactly. Too many good cars around to pay a premium for anything. These $200k premium will be gone within months once the flipper do their flipping.

I do get the point that $200k is cheap change for some people to have a new cool toy, but hard to believe these people couldn’t get an allocation in the first place...

i had a confirmed allocation for the GT2RS and gave it up, not because i have a moral issue with flipping the car - i could not care less, seems a rather ethically clean way of earning some money - and not because i am worried that the PAG will not sell me their cars anymore (ridiculous), rather because i was worried that i would not (with reasonable effort) find a buyer:::)))) this would have left me with an expensive car i have no love for:::))))

So you wanted to flip it? Smiley I was thinking the same but couldn't do it, just not my thing. Also, I was worried I would fall in love with the car and end up with it. The lease offer was tempting (not as bad as I thought, private lease company who works with my dealer for years for "special cars", incl. the 918)...

I am not in the business dealing with cars, so I passed. Dealer really wanted this because he needed the car for my "friend". My "friend" wanted this because he needed the car. We are not that good of friends, so I was worried that he might not take the car in the end but even if I would have flipped it, it would have ended in good hands. 

If I could really afford it, I would never flip it. 

A Porsche contact just recently asked me what I would get if I didn't have the R8 right now: My answer was simple, the new 991.2 GT3 RS. No kidding. Right now, probably the most fun new sportscar you can get for around 210k EUR.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)