SciFrog:

Exactly. Too many good cars around to pay a premium for anything. These $200k premium will be gone within months once the flipper do their flipping.

I do get the point that $200k is cheap change for some people to have a new cool toy, but hard to believe these people couldn’t get an allocation in the first place...

My "friend" I was talking about knows Zetsche personally, he gets one of the first Project One cars (OK, this may also have to do with the fact that he owns tons of AMG cars), yet he couldn't get the GT2 RS. Smiley No, he wouldn't pay 200k over list and yes, he could afford it. I am willing to pay over list for certain things I want (I paid almost 10k over list for my PP Nautilus) but for a car, I wouldn't pay more than 20-30k over list if I really and badly want one. So far, I haven't encountered any car I would pay over list for but if I had the money, I would have paid over list for the Huracan Performante. Luckily, I could have gotten this car in 6 months at list but unfortunately, even at list, I couldn't afford it. Smiley Too much other stuff going on (business, family, family cars, hobbies, travel), can't spend all the money for cars. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)