Call me hypocritical but even though I would not pay over list price for a car or a watch, I do it all the time for shows and events. But to me it is different because I live in a place where if you don’t do that you simply cannot go to any show or event with a decent seat (or at all) because everything sells out even before you can get access to the website. The game is rigged by insiders in the industry and ticket sellers. I heard that the norm is that less than 40% of the tickets are actually being sold directly to the public and even though I condone the practice and simply wish the list price of the tickets would be more (and they are getting more expensive finally), I have to just pay up. Robot scalpers are also extremely sophisticated. The solution is easy and efficient and would help the producers players or artists but someone makes too much for it to happen: Dutch auctions for 90% of the tickets and lottery for the 10% left.

A car you can just buy another very good one. ALL good shows and events are impossible to get a good ticket for...