crayphile:
RC:

People like him deserve to get a GT2 RS because they are the best brand ambassadors for Porsche.
He also owns a Carrera GT...

Exactly. Porsche seems to know very little ( or certainly not enough) about some of its best customers. I know its much easier for Ferrari because they have a fraction of the volume, but they have a pretty detailed CRM system that keeps track of who owns what and how long they keep their cars etc.

Yup.

PAG seems to be very hands off regarding their best customers, prefer to let the local importer take the lead. Unless someone make an effort to 'befriend' actual person in the HQ, 

I am sure Porsche has a computerized log of every customers, they are Germans after all, but I don't think anyone is paying much attention to it. The customers PAG actually take noticed are the ones with publicity, I guess public opinions sway their decision making somewhat. Unless of course one is from the Middle East and buy up 20 918s at a time, then HQ WILL take noticed. But then again PAG also ignored some of their best anonymous customers from Europe that had bought 50-60 cars over the years. 

The Italians however check their database religiously and prefer to use their own data vs publicity.

--