Carlos from Spain:

AFAIK when a GT2RS is ordered it has to be to the person taking delivery and that person can't sell it within a year or incur in a 150k penalty, at least that is the way here in Spain which I suppose it is the same ROW

I'm guessing the problem is who the dealer allows to put his name for the available allocations and that is were the extra $ on top of the MSRP comes in, or having to buy another Porsche like a Panamer on top, etc.
--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos, I thought the same when I discussed with my dealer about taking delivery of a GT2 RS but it seems that Porsche does not give any guidelines on how to deal with flippers and stuff like that, Porsche dealers are free to do as they please. At least in Germany. That whole "you have to keep the car for 6 months..." thing seems not to be Porsche's idea since other dealers handle this stuff differently.

So while I heard that Porsche isn't happy with flippers, they may not take the whole thing as seriously as many may think. There can't be any other explanation on why so many cars are offered over list.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)