Carlos from Spain:
Mithras:

Don't move the wheel inside of your hands / keep your hands holding the same part of the wheel through a turn and you don't have an issue with paddle being on the wheel as opposed to on the column! Until your arms make an "X" with your right hand at "9" and your left hand at "3" you shouldn't move your hands. For track driving you probably have no turns where you have that much steering lock so the correct paddle is always in-front of the correct fingers. 

Nice in theory but doesn't work well for very tight corners in mountain roads, with your arms making an X you have much less fine control of the wheel and poor arm biomechanics right when you need it most mid corner, personally if facing a tight corner (like a 2nd gear turn) I like to pre-emptively place my hands in the wheel in a position that as I turn into the corner my arms end up in half leveled position mid corner and have the best control for corrections, but then the paddle's position is lost. I agree that it's not an issue at a track cause the corners wouldn't be tight enough. Every other sportscar manufacturer fixes in the column... then again Porsche not long ago still used buttons  so they will get there eventually...

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

I"ll agree for tight mountain roads but then again you also aren't shifting mid corner there... You also (unless it's an increasing radius turn) should be turning your arms once at the enterance to a turn and then unwinding as you track out. So once you set your hands you shoudln't have to do much movement until the turn is over (obvisouly outside of car movement from road condition or sliding etc.). 

There is a reason all race cars have the paddles attached to the wheel...

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region