Gnil:

So most important is to know now what difference engine wise it will make between the cars with the filter and the ones without the filters ? 

Back in the 80's when I bought my Golf GTI it was the first model fitted with a catalytic converter . The car dropped from 139 HP to 129 HP .  Luckily for me my catalytic converter '' melted '' at some point and the garage just took everything that was inside out , leaving only the outer box . I had the 139 HP back again . 

This is exactly my worry...that they rush into adapting particulate filters and performance and of course sound suffer.

I specifically wanted the E63 S AMG before the next model year because of the lack of particulate filter. The current E63 S engine puts out 650-690(!) hp in average (officially only 612 hp) and I doubt that a particulate filter will keep this power level. It will drop, probably to 630 or so but it will definitely drop, so performance will suffer, even if not on paper.

Sound? Well, a particulate filter works similar to a turbo charger regarding sound, so... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)