I managed to squeeze in a few extra miles, it's at 1100km, so still 800km of running it in, however the 7k RPM is now on the table and that's again a wonderful additional stage of performance and noise. It's really noticeable how much more pleasant the engine sounds in the interior compared to the Mezger. That said, I'm sure that from the outside the Mezger sounds better.

It was 3° and greasy, so hardly ideal for MPSC, but it serves to highlight a chassis which is noticeably sharper than a 997's, with much, less understeer. Perhaps an easier car to drive hard on track because of it, but it does mean you're on opposite lock quite often on greasy roads, whereas the 997 would push wide first as a warning. It feels solid on the road, like it's carved from a block of granite, I recall I had the same impression when first driving the 997 RS. the gearshift, while nice, is maybe a little bit too light for a car of this calibre, I'd like it to feel a bit more mechanical/heavy. That said, the gearing is much better than on previous manual GT3's, gone is that long geared feeling, gears feel tightly packed with acceleration to show for it.

The color remains very interesting, it changes completely depending on the hour of day, the sunlight, ... ranging from a dark 'camo' green to a light, grass-like green. I love it but you need to be prepared for it. indecision

1517764804425IMG_0345.JPG

wI%%3EdJRLCD3pQQSokndQ.jpg
Fk1DQWh%Sx2gfG6uKb4g3A.jpg

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport