Quote:
355Spider said:
I clearly am not getting it. How does a car manufacturure rebody a car and add 10 hp and then charge another 1 million dollars for it? I could almost see if it had 750hp and weighed a 1000Lbs less than a Murci but this is just rediculous. Why would anyone pay for this? How on earth did they even come up with this price. I would have said it was too much at 550K much less 1.4. If we look at past previous million dollar plus cars like the Bugatti or the F1 they clearly had something special that was unlike any other car in the past. The Reventon is not only not better than other cars in it's category but it's just a redo of a very good sportscar not even a supercar.
I can just see Lambo laughing as people actually pay for this thing. Yep we got em. Great marketing job fellas. At least Bugatti and McLaren did it by engineering brilliance.

I can tell you exactly what this car is. They (VW) say they loose money with every Bugatti Veyron they produce. They would need to charge a lot more money to be profitable. Charging 1 million Euro for a fancy Murc is one way to make back some of the money lost on the Bugatti.