Lars997:

What a hideous spec for such a car yes Not even having the tinted windows in the rear mail Looks really super stealth. 

The drive should not be any different from the Limousine, shouldn't it?

I didn't even notice that it doesn't have tinted windows but the car is actually well optioned inside (incl. Burmester but the cheaper version).

No, it does not drive like the sedan because it has winter tires (sedan had Michelin PS4S). The ride is pretty comfortable, even in Sport + mode and sportiest suspension setting but in curves, it is like a big ship (you can't really feel the weight but I guess the winter tires aren't optimal for this car), it has a lot of side-roll but it is still insanely fast (my son said I was doing over 70 kph in a 90° turn but it felt like 40. Smiley I was a bit worried because of the massive side-roll. 

Funny, the (curve) side of the seats pumps up when I do curves, to improve support. Nice option but I think I prefer a different approach (the always "on" support version Smiley). I get the sport buckets anyway, not sure they have this feature.

The sound of the station wagon also seems to be a bit muted vs. the sedan, maybe because the exhaust is wider away (is it? Haven't checked the specs) or maybe intentional. 

Power is insane. I just fully pressed the throttle and reached 180 kph in a blink of an eye, I'd say that up to 180 kph, this thing could almost keep up with my R8. Insane power. 

There are zero traction issues, something I always wanted in such a car. Absolutely great. 

Still, the whole car feels a bit soft, everything is moving, I miss the stiffness of the E63 sedan I drove, this is really weird. Could the tires make such a difference? Maybe. Maybe they gave this car also a slightly softer chassis setup. I don't know.

Only thing I would love to have on the E63: Ceramic brakes. The standard brake is OK but I miss the precision of the ceramic brake system. I will get used to it, I cannot get the ceramic brakes, they are almost 9k EUR, blowing up the lease rate (tax advisor said no). Of course I could pay them out of my pocket but hey, this is a family car, so... Smiley

My wife really likes the car (what a surprise), she drove it for half an hour and only said "take it". So I got her OK.

Now back to the dealer and unfortunately I forgot the LED multi beam option. I have to convince the sales guy to add this, free of cost, to the order. Won't be easy, he already lowered the lease rate by 120 EUR to get to the GLC level.

I am still not 100% sure, maybe it is a 60:40 in favor for the E63, still need to think about it. The GLC would be a stealth mini power SUV, the E63 is more "in your face" and it looks bigger. Hmm...will decide this week for sure.

From a performance point of view, especially for the Autobahn, the E63 is perfect. Just perfect.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)