nberry:

Christian, don’t be mesmerized by power. This is primarily a family car. Enough of the thinking my penis is bigger than yours by  buying stupid hp rather than practically and functionality. You seem intent on spending your hard earned money solely on power which you will rarely use and inconveniencing the family comfort and safety.

I understand what you mean and yes, my decision will also be based on how my wife (and the kids) feel about the decision. My son wants, of course, the E63 (this car has kind of an amazing reputation among adolescent car fans of his age Smiley) but wife would probably prefer the GLC for various reasons, incl. visibility. My daughter? She misses "her" Cayenne Turbo S (955) she was moved in as a child, she would love another Cayenne but she is OK with the GLC as well, as long as I am happy with it (daddy's girl Smiley Smiley).

True, one of the main reasons attracting me to the E63 is the massive power this car has. However, it is also the driving itself, Mercedes did a wonderful job on the new E63, it feels sportier than the C63 S AMG convertible I drove (and ordered), to my surprise. The steering in the new E63 is excellent, so is the engine and chassis (a bit bumpy on some roads but I like it this way).

The input of ALL of you is greatly appreciated since it helps to make the right decision. Not because I necessarily will listen to you guys, sorry Smiley but because it helps me to identify my weaknesses and keeps me initiating new thought processes which in the end will help me (hopefully) to make the right (for me) decisions. Thanks a lot for that. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)