DaveGordon:

Just curious - given your preference for SUVs and the fact that you find saloon cars boring - what is it that attracts you to this car?

Looks (yes, I really like how it looks in that color, selenite grey magno), I cannot believe it myself.

Interior is very nice, I am a gadgetry type of guy and surprisingly, even my wife likes it (she hates the Tesla interior).

Performance of course, this thing is amazingly fast for it's size and weight.

Finally, the sound and the steering, Mercedes has done a great job here, even if the sound is a tiny bit less muscle car like than the one of the C63 for example.

So yes, there are a couple of things attracting me to this car. I already had a E55 in the past and I loved it but only thing which put me off was the traction issues. If you can barely put your foot down without the rear going sideways, this is no fun anymore on a family car. The Panamera Turbo S I had didn't have this issue but the Panamera felt (and looked) massive, I suddenly felt like an old guy driving a Mercedes S class, even if the Panamera certainly was no slouch at all.

The new E 63 looks more compact (I know this is no small car) and I like it but only and only in this specific color and only the E63. I cannot stand the normal E class variants, none of them. Smiley Also hate the station wagon, incl. the E63 version.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)