xander71:

Wow ..an rs6 would be my choice over any suv on the planet. 

The RS6 was surprisingly boring, never expected that when I had my first test-drive of the new RS6 Performance. Smiley Had even one with Akrapovic (Audi Sport) sport exhaust for a week(!) as a loaner but actually disliked it even more after that week. Sound is not even close to an AMG V8 (incl. the latest turbos), power is good but unspectacular and the interior is boring as well. Biggest disappointment ever and I really wanted one as a family car. Cannot say I liked the SQ7 more but comparable, believe it or not. The SQ7 is a Diesel with much less power.

I have family 2 kids and we ride a lot with the family, a lot of friends have suv and i cannot find 1 reason to have one, so

Have you ever driven a Cayenne Turbo? Try the latest one, you may get addicted. Smiley

we are always having a lot of funny discussions..pro suv and anti suv like me....once i realized stickers of a famous plumber and put it one my friends cayenne turbo...and he then realized stickers on my red sw (fire departmet)....

back to ferrari i think it much cooler to remain one of the few that dont have it rather then be the last one to produce a suv

Ferrari is just a car company and they need to survive. It would be foolish of them to ignore future markets.

Lamborghini has already over 2000(!) Urus orders (dealer orders and test-cars not included!!!).

Later on, they can add hybrids or even make full ELVs out of these cars, it makes a lot of sense. There is a market for these cars.

I assume that the Ferrari SUV will share lots of parts with the next generation Jeep Grand Cherokee but it is just a wild guess. It makes sense for Fiat Chrysler to use synergy effects for Jeep, Maserati and Ferrari, maybe other brands.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)