Quote:
silverrules said:
Which one do you folks prefer? My car is on the truck heading home and I want to make sure I choose the right stuff. I have been using 3M but saw the Venture shiled which was thinner and less visible. Thanks.

Congrats on your car coming! Can't wait to see that beauty!
Last 7 yrs I've had 6 of my own cars done & my moms car done w/ 3M. I'm not sure if there are different grades of 3M film but none of it ever yellowed like the film on the rear quarter from Porsche. The quality of the installation is really the biggest factor. My 3M installer doesn't use pre-cut kits he customizes every single install. Basically you want to make sure the film is being wrapped around body panels and not just cut to sit on top w/ the edges visible. My last few cars I've driven directly to the 3M installer from the dealership, getting it done right away is also important to how it will look because if you get pock marks in the paint this will be visible through the film. I don't have any experience w/ Venture shield but if it's thinner would be a little wary of it's ability to absorb impacts as well. But that's just a guess.

If you really want some expert advice give a call to my buds at Detailing Dynamics, they're pretty much the best in the business. I know you couldn't have your car done there being from CA but I'm sure they wouldn't mind steering you in the right direction. Eddy or Matt.
http://www.detailingdynamics.com/index.html