Hell devo,

Are you talking about the P40? Would you please explaining this part: "reverse center drop fabrication, which results in the stepped lip"? Where is the stepped part of stepped lip?

How do I check to see if this is how they make the P40? Besides washing, is there a way to check visually? Thanks.

Quote:
devo said:

My only issue with these wheels (and, it certainly would not prohibit me from getting them, as I love them) is the stepped lip area. I am certain HRE still employs their proprietary reverse center drop fabrication, which results in the stepped lip. The technology appears evident from the center channel inside the wheel (barrel) itself.

I know that I posted this before, but I had major issues with one of the earlier sets of this type wheel. On my E46 M3, the HRE wheels would fill with water after washing and in the rain, which would result in a terrible front end wobble at any speeds above 50 mph. Hopefully this issue has been resolved. A simple test is to wash the wheels and see if water pools in the channels within the wheel. If so see if it dissipates upon driving. Inertia or a centrifugal type force retained the water in my wheels.