Quote:
Lukas said:
Thanks for all the great input as always in here
I just wanted to give you an update... i switched my battery at my local porsche dealer today after that I did found out that the battery actually was CHEAPER or priced similar as with other suppliers of batteries that I've checked with.

One interesting thing though.. I bought my car in Germany and exported it private to Sweden after it was brand new... The battery in the 2005 carrera was apparently 70mAh. It is possible to fit 70, 80 or 95mAh in the 997 and my dealer suggested that I should fit a 95mAH which I also did. The price difference was not very high and here in the Nordic region where we have winter a more powerful battery is preferrable... I ended up paying 180EUR for the battery and my dealer installed it for free in my car - great service!

The car now start up like a charm, it really is THAT difference.. so I'm glad I did this change before it's getting colder here in Sweden.

If you have an electrical outlet near your car I would recommend you follow MMD's advice and purchase a Porsche battery maintainer. It should cost around 100 euros, and if used faithfully, it could possibly double the life of your battery.