Quote:
STRADALE said:
Quote:
Crash said:
Quote:
Alex_ said:
If I get 20" HREs, will my ride quality vastly decrease?

A reseller here is telling me they will help handling, especially if I have 12" rear widths (standard Turbo rears are 11")

Alex, those boat anchors will hurt handling, not to mention the severely reduced ride quality. Stay with the 19's.

Just curious are you stating personal experience w/ 19's vs 20's on a 997 Turbo or are you referring to what you've read or other? Just trying to get a real feeling for experience because it's something I'm still considering 19's vs 20's and would hate to make the wrong choice because of rhetorical positions.

Nope, don't have any experience with 19's vs. 20's. However, many guys on Rennlist would have a lot to say about wheel sizes. From what I recall some have even suggested 17's as the ideal size for the 996TT when tracking the car.

In any case, when dealing with wheels, you have to also consider the sidewall thickness in addition to the increase in unsprung weight. I remember the 6speedonline guys having their cars tested by a magazine and several of their 19" equipped cars had their tyres blown out under hard driving. Such a small sidewall, in addition to providing less flex will also make the car edgier to handle at the limit.

Surely depends on what the car will be used for, but one thing I can't argue about is the fact that the 20's do look absolutely amazing.