Agreed! I've "tried" so hard to like the OEM wheels while waiting for my car over the last several months. In the end, that mirror finish, the extremely busy multiple slats, the hard/stiff lines and wide blades got to me. Don't know how best to express the idea, and I know it's strictly a matter of taste, but for me, the Turbo OEM wheel "dominates" and alters the overall "look" and generally round line of this car, for the worse.

Anyway, like you, I've looked at every wheel. The Rinspeed C1/5 looks great but was eliminated because of the size--only 20", GT OEM wheels are out because of the gain in unsprung weight and the cast design--a step backward for me. The RF 67 was the top choice until this HRE forged wheel was released just a few weeks ago: 19", forged, TPMS compatible, no spacer required, no lip (critical for me), 13 lbs less heavy per set than Turbo wheel, available in brushed alumininum (stunning with black car IMO), or powder coat silver Porsche OEM finish (what I am getting). I like the classic 7 poke mesh design, the more since I saw them on those RS Spyder's and 911 GT at the Long Beach Grand Prix.

Quote:
STRADALE said:

Hard to explain why I like the way it looks, just do.

I've had a love, hate w/ the turbo wheels at first didn't like the way they looked at all but then they grew on me but the last few months, the more I see them the more I dislike the way they look, right now I pretty much can't stand them. Usually w/ factory stuff (wheels, design, etc.) I would almost always prefer the stock look but the turbo wheels are really buggin me.

19's: