KresoF1:

Christian,

Read the article. Clarification is in it.

Performante gearbox auto mode is not so great for track, therefor CG is using manual mode.

Who says that? Lamborghini? Or Sport Auto? I did some acceleration testing with auto, manual and the various driving modes and surprisingly, my R8 was fastest in Dynamic Mode, not in the Performance DRY mode. Straight line performance though only, track performance should be better in Performance DRY mode (according to Sport Auto, haven't tested it myself).

Did Lamborghini give specific instructions when to shift manually? Sorry but the article doesn't say much about the details.

Also, doesn't explain the over-revving after the start (it happened to me too once, this is why I know this sound pretty well because the first gear is pretty short). The driver missed the upshift and this surely cost him some time.

991.2 GT2 RS PDK works like magic in both modes. And it is actually faster in Auto Sport mode around the track.

This is the purpose of the PDK auto mode, to be faster...this was never really different. Smiley (maybe with early PDK versions). Especially the AWD versions of the 911 are substantially faster in auto mode because the PTM system is interconnected with the AWD, PDK and even PASM/PDCC, not to mention the engine of course. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)