Quote:
haudimal said:
Quote:
MKSGR said:
Quote:
VGA18 said:
My guess: the two or three guys we know from the above discussion ( ) will surely state that it is HvS that is incapable of driving a car properly. And by doing this these two or three guys will confirm that the Porsche marketing tricks have deceived them successfully and that they believe whatever Porsche tells them...

I do not hope you think here of me

I didn't share your discussion about HvS/WR/Porsche/... tracktimes. Nothing is less important for me buying a roadcar. I owned 7 new Ferrari and took part a season CarreraCup and SuperCup, so i think i'm quite objective regarding Porsche or Ferrari.

So why did I(!) buy a997TT? What else as a daily?

Lambo, F430 - no
F599 - no, because i need 4WD in my daily in winter
Audi R8 - never ever. I love Audi, the 997 is a substitute for a S8, but i don't need a 4door anymore
Mercedes, BMW never never ever

i bought the 997 without a test drive, just trusting Porsche, that they know how to build a car;-)

And now that i have it, i'm impressed, it is the perfect car for ME(!) and my daily rides.

I will never ever defend my car against somebody, who has difference thoughts, i share my experiences and think about what people are saying.

At least, i still don't believe, that porsche (same with F, Audi, Merc,...)promotes officially wrong times of their products for marketing reasons. When they give you a time, they can't wait to prove it -> video of WR 7.32 GT2. I'm talking about the marketing of the factory, not some rumors a porsche guy may have said somewhere, somehow...

No worries. I did not include you in my above reproach

BTW: I see your point why the 997TT is a good car. The entire package is still unique. People who know me (like turbosteff ) know that I am a big fan of Porsche (and the TT in particular). I drove Porsche TT for years and am fully aware of the siginificant number of advantages these cars offer. However, I also take the liberty to criticize Porsche as any other OEM if I am not convinced of their products

And no (as someone repeatedly stated wrongly above): HvS is not my "idol". Nor is WR. My idol (as far as racing is concerned) is MS. There is no substitute for him. Nobody has ever achieved what he has achieved in a race car