OK, the solution my dealer has to offer isn't optimal surprise

At first, I was supposed to get a set of Porsche winter wheels but instead of getting the same black rims I have on my GTS, they wanted to give me the silver(!) winter wheel set with Turbo rims they had lying around. I just didn't like how it changes the whole look of the car, so I refused to get it.

Now we are back to getting non-N rated tires in summer tire sizes (front/rear). These tire combo has a TÜV approval, so no insurance issues here but I am not pleased to be honest. This is the only solution they can offer me (unless I want to pay 6k for a new wheel set with black rims), so I took it.

Only advantage: I have now W winter tires, so they are limited to 270 kph instead of 240 kph (Porsche approved winter tires with N rating).

I talked to "someone" I know at Porsche about this and he told me that the N-rated Sottozero is less prone to aquaplaning and seems to offer a bit more traction and side grip  on snow, especially due to the different rubber mixture (hence the 240 kph limit for the N rated tire). Overall, he just advised me to be more careful when it rains and in heavy snow, other than that, I should be fine. I hope he is right. Can't say I have a good feeling about this but I keep the car for 12 months only, winter is over in April, so no big deal. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)