Whoopsy:

The plexiglass window is not available for North American cars.

As for the sound difference, it's actually not that much different between the 2 cars. Sand and rocks that get throw around in wheel wells can still be heard around there same sound level in both cars.

The engine note at high rpm is almost the same, slight slight difference, I have to hear them back to back to tell the difference, but that could be down to car insulation or lack of. 

The 911R is lighter, but it is also more softly sprung, so it has more body roll, the GT3 on the other hand pretty much stay flat, as if it is the lighter one. Go figures.

So, I dom't really get it . what makes the difference ? Only the single mass fly wheel ?  And on the other hand , does the improved engine in the GT3 not make up for something or is this  '' supposed to be massive improvement '' just BS form marketing and from journalist that need to write something new ? 

Also , I would suspect the R  + GT3 owners to favor their '' R baby '' , maybe not obviously , but somewhere they must be slightly biased and want to justify the special status of the R . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS